Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Too Stinkin Cute!!!


 So yesterday I was working in the baby room and the funniest thing happened! But before I tell you the story, I have to introduce you to Karla. Karla es muy traviesa!!! (a.k.a very mischievous) She is a little over a year and a half and has such an adorable personality. Karla's favorite word is "ya". Besides "agua", "no" and "mama"...it's the only word she knows. She loves running around the room, picking up an interesting looking toy and saying, "ya?" But she doesn't just say "ya" once...she repeats it over and over and over, with this astronomically huge grin on her face. Every time she does this I just want to give her a big squeeze and giant peck on the cheek (I usually do!). Karla is such a laid back, little muchacha; she'll just go with the flow and always find something to smile about.

Karla is on the front of the cart

Okay, now back to my story! Every day we do the little girls hair to make sure they look fresh and pretty for the day. My co-worker Vicky was styling one of the girl's hair when something suddenly pulled her attention and she was obligated to leave the room. Karla, being the lovely little lady that she is, decided to takeover as the hair stylist. Of course she didn't get very far and I eventually told her that I needed to take over. Karla didn't like that very much and ran off to find something that would ease her frustration.  I then sat down to finish the little girl's hair, who all the while had been waiting so patiently. I quickly finished the hair-do and was immediately asked by Said to unite his shoes, leaving all the hair stuff on the table.

The "hair stuff" consists of a large tub of gel, a spray water bottle, and a bag full of hair ties. After assisting Said, I glanced over my shoulder to see Karla's face and hair COVERED in hair gel! It looked as though Karla had dunked her head inside the tub of gel. The gel was caked onto her eyelashes, eyelids, eyebrows and forehead. Luz, another co-worker, and I were laughing so hard that we couldn't breathe. The best part was that Karla was convinced that her hair was "muy bonita". Luz kept asking her, "Karla, did you do you hair, do you look pretty?" and of course her response was, "Ya, ya, ya, ya." She then persisted to comb the gel to the remaining parts of her head and struggled to spray her cute little face with water. After I finally caught my breath and wiped tears from my eyes, I walked over to Karla and began to wipe the gel off her face. Karla immediately pushed me away saying, "No, no, no!" She demanded that she would finish her hair and that she did NOT need any one's help. Luz and I allowed her to have her fun for another minute and then I scooped her up and carried her off to the bathroom where I then drenched her face and hair with water. I spent the next 10 minutes combing gel out of her hair!

Karla: Take Two!

I don't know if this is one of those stories where "you have to be there", but whatever, I'm going to tell you anyways.

Later, during the same day as the gel incident, I was playing Power Rangers and Dinosaurs with 3 little boys. The boys would pretend to shoot be with their "powers" and I would fall to the ground and act wounded or dead. All the little kids thought this was the funniest thing they had ever seen, so of course, I continued my little act. I eventually picked myself off the ground after being severely attacked, and the boys then decided to stick the dinosaurs in my face and roar in a surprisingly loud voice. At this time Karla was sitting about 10 feet away, playing with a fake, little, pink laptop. She saw what the boys were doing to me and decided that she too would like to "attack" me. While the boys were sticking the dinosaurs in my face screaming "Roooooaaaar", Karla sprinted over to me, shoved the pink laptop in my face and yelled "Raaaaaawwwwwrrrr!!!" Karla, Karla, Karla, how you make my heart sing.

Pray for Karla!
 
Karla's dad is in and out of jail and her mom is raising 6 kids alone. But praise God! Thanks to God's unconditional love shared at Open Arms, Karla's mom is now a Christian!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment