Tuesday, November 6, 2012

So Much Love

Every day around 3:30 all the kids ranging from 2 years old to 5 years have movie time.
As we all know, this age group has the attention span of a 2 month puppy (a.k.a. non existant). Well yesterday, like every day, my lap was filled with two kids and another on top of my back, hanging around my neck. I'm not supposed to encourage play at this time, but yesterday I just couldn't resist. Jenny, Judith and I broke out in cosquillas (tickles). After several minutes of laughing and tickling, Judith yelled, "Bolitas a Mackenzy!" Up until this moment I had no idea what this ment, but I soon found out! All EIGHT kids who had previously been watching the movie quickly ran towards me and began attacking me with tickles. We were soon tangled in a giant ball and the end was far from sight until Luz, my co-worker, rescued me.


The two little angels who got me in trouble!
Jenny (left) & Judith (right)
Truthfully, I didn't want this violent ball of love to ever end. These children have imprinted their names on my heart and each one has made me fall in love with them in some special way. I take every opportunity I get to hug 'em and love 'em. These little ones are giving me a deeper understanding of God's love. You see, I struggle with the fact that the Lord loves me no matter what I do, no matter what I think, or no matter what I say. But my struggle to perceive this concept does not alter the fact that He does!  The creator of the universe loves me no matter how many times I deserve to be put in timeout. He wants to scoop me up into a big ball and give me a giant peck on the cheek. He wants me to pile into His lap and demand His already given attention.

Romans 8:39 says "Neither height now depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to seperate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." It's right there! NOTHING can seperate us from His love. It doesn't seem possible, but that's the awesome part about our Savior, His love surpasses all knowledge! (Ephesians 3:19)

1 John 3:1 "How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God."

God LAVISHES us with love. As humans we want to look for love in something that is tangible, in someone we can see and feel; but the truth is that God's love is so powerful and readily available to everyone. When we come to His word and listen to His still, small, voice, He will lavish us with His love. You are His child and His desire is for you to draw near to Him, He wants you to yell, "Bolitos a Dios!"

No comments:

Post a Comment