Friday, March 22, 2013

Argenitna Overview #2


Well the work has began! So many new and exciting things have been coming my way and I can't praise the Lord enough. God is showing me how to seek his kingdom and showing me that HIS timing is key!


Working for Jeus! :)
(this isn't LaCasa De Padres-
soon to be Hogar Esperanza, i'll give more info soon!)


I spend several of my evenings at a place called La Casa De Padres. This is a house that provides free overnight stay for parents who have children in the hospital. Right next store to this house is a children's hospital where tons of people travel long distances in order for there children to receivcare. Starting around 5:00pm the parents and kids who stay at the house begin to gather around as they drink their maté (an Argentinian hot, herbal, water drink- hard to explain!) and enjoy crackers or cookies. After a full day of operation, check-up or often horrifying news, these families just want to relax and rest.

The first time I visited La Casa De Padres I was a little nervous. I was physically going alone (but I definitely relied on God to be with me spiritually!) and was insecure because of my Spanish. When I visit I bring along coloring books, bouncy balls and puzzles. I soon found that the toys attract the kids and my foreign accent sparks conversation with the parents! God is so good to me and I just needed to be obedient. The first time I went there, there were 5 little girls ready to play! We had so much fun together as we laughed and colored and talked about our home towns and favorite colors. In between the laughter, I was also able to talk to their moms and explain to them why I came all the way to Argentina. It was an amazing experience and it left me wanting more. I go there quite often now and have met several people and have heard several of the families' difficult stories. 

The Women's Room at La Casa De Padres
 One night a mom and a grandmother came in sobbing and asked for prayer. The lady who works there and I prayed with the family. I prayed in English and to be honest I'm so glad they couldn't understand me. I had no words, only sorrow. Their little boy had cancer and they had just recently gotten over fighting the grandmother's case of cancer. My words were so broken, I was lost and could only ask for them to feel our Father's love. I repeated those words over and over. Once we finished praying, the lady who works at the House, Rosi, talked with them and explained how the Lord will provide them rest. She continued to say that God's will is for them to know Him and that no matter what happens, God has a plan and He will work for the good of those who love Him.

"the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. 27 And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God.
28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[i] have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:26-28

I've felt so honored these past few weeks as I have been able to be a part of God's work at La Casa De Padres. He is using this place as an outlet for His love. One of the mom's told me that when she first arrived she was unsure of staying there. After her first stay she said that she could feel love; she could feel that the workers really cared about the families. I was then able to share with her that it's God's love! These families are experiencing far more than I have ever endured and in all honesty, I cannot relate to them in any way. Fortunately God doesn't call me to know everything or know how to deal with every situation, but He does tell me to love, to be his hands and feet, and to preach the gospel to all nations. Sometimes I feel like I can't be used here because my Spanish isn't good enough, or I don't have enough experience, or this stupid thought or that stupid thought. Once again God keeps showing me to be patient and to wait on Him. When I do, He reveals His good, pleasing and perfect will!


New Friends! So fun :)
"Therefore I urge you brothers, in view of God's mercy to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God- this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform and longer to the patterns of this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is- His good pleasing and perfect will." Romans 12:1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment